How paraplanners can complement traditional planning for high-net-worth clients
A BRAND NEW EVENT FOR PARAPLANNERS FROM OCTOPUS INVESTMENTS
Choose the event you want to attend.
Technical Insight Webinar SOUTH
25 May, 2021 12:30pm
Technical Insight Webinar NORTH
3 June, 2021 10:30am
For an increasing number of clients, thinking beyond pensions and ISAs can add significant value to their tax planning and diversification.
Not so long ago, an Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) or Venture Capital Trust (VCT) was a relatively rare investment to recommend. But today, with freezes to legislation like the lifetime allowance on pensions, high earners are looking for opportunities to diversify their investments and become more tax efficient.
Join Charlotte Fairhurst, Strategic Partnerships Manager at Octopus Investments for a CPD-qualifying session, where she’ll cover:
• Why VCT and EIS legislation was introduced and what it achieves
• Rules that govern investment and tax qualification
• Common planning scenarios where a client can benefit from VCT and EIS investments
• What to look for when choosing a provider
• How Octopus can help you with due diligence
Key investment risks
• The value of an investment, and any income from it, can fall as well as rise. Investors may not get back the full amount invested.
• The shares of smaller companies and VCTs can fall or rise in value more than shares listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange. They may also be harder to sell.
• Tax treatment will depend on personal circumstances, and tax rules may change in future.
• Tax reliefs also depend on the EIS companies or VCTs maintaining their qualifying status.
VCTs and EIS-qualifying investments are not suitable for everyone. Any recommendation should be based on a holistic review of your client’s financial situation, objectives and needs. We do not offer investment or tax advice. Issued by Octopus Investments Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office: 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT. Registered in England and Wales No. 03942880. Issued: May 2021. CAM010969.