In response to the growing number of Business Relief (BR) services available in the market, TIME Investments is sharing a webinar to help you enhance your due diligence process when researching BR services.
The need for enhanced due diligence
Inheritance Tax (IHT) revenues have increased substantially over the last decade and hit £5.4 billion for the last tax year (2020/21).* A growing number of IHT planning services offer a solution to this problem and help investors to mitigate their IHT liabilities in just two years through investment in BR qualifying assets. These services have proved popular and there are now over 60 BR services available in the market.**
Whilst the growth of this market is a positive development, this increased choice can make it difficult for advisers and paraplanners to effectively decide which BR service will be the best fit for their clients’ IHT planning needs.
How to differentiate between Business Relief services
Our webinar will highlight some of the key questions to ask providers when reviewing their BR service and will help to enhance your existing due diligence process.
The webinar will explore:
• How to assess the BR portfolio and underlying investments
• A look at the service and value of an investment
• How to assess the financial strength of BR providers
• Understand why enhanced due diligence may be necessary when advising on Business Relief services.
• Identify the different performance and risk measures to help compare Business Relief services.
• Understand fee terminology, the impact of both implicit and explicit fees and how gross to net return calculations can be used to help assess both value and risk.
• Appreciate how to conduct a financial appraisal to assess the strength of a provider.
**Source: MICAP, November 2021