Paraplanner – Castle Donnington – East Midlands
East Midlands Region
Salary dependent on experience
Cooper Parry Wealth are recruiting for a Paraplanner to join our award-winning team. Based in our Sky View offices in Castle Donnington.FULL JOB SPECIFICATION
An award winning firm with a reputation for excellence, Cooper Parry Wealth offer a distinctly different approach to managing our clients’ wealth. Keeping ahead of the curve is a big part of who we are. One of our core values is ‘Make It Different; to us this means always looking to find a better way, being creative.MORE ON Cooper Parry Wealth
In Wealth Management Big does not usually mean Better. In fact it often means the opposite. EQ is large enough to provide a full range of services but small enough for every client to feel important and for us to unearth the hidden gems that often generate higher returns.MORE ON EQ Investors
The old financial players are dinosaurs. They’re big, strong and great at acquiring customers – but terrible at serving them. Complicated products. Clunky processes. Confusing jargon. But for many people – be they financial advisers or everyday savers – today’s challengers lack credibility. The digital world of ‘fintech’ may be slick and sophisticated, but it’s just too new to trust. At Octopus Labs, we take the best of both. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.MORE ON Octopus Labs
Tired of report-writing? Looking for something a bit different? (Berkshire) – up to £50k subject to experience
South East England
Established award-winning and leading provider of actuarial, risk management and asset modelling software, seeks an experienced Paraplanner. This unique opportunity involves working for our digital regulated advice business as part of a small team, including an actuary and a Chartered Financial Planner, in a friendly and relaxed environment. Excellent salary, bonus, and first class benefits […]
6 June 2018
Investment, Pensions, Tax
Full Time, Part Time
Established award-winning and leading provider of actuarial, risk management and asset modelling software, seeks an experienced Paraplanner.
This unique opportunity involves working for our digital regulated advice business as part of a small team, including an actuary and a Chartered Financial Planner, in a friendly and relaxed environment.
Excellent salary, bonus, and first class benefits package offered. We also subsidise free on-site parking, yoga/pilates, table-tennis, football, a covers band(!), relevant CPD/ongoing study and professional memberships.
Find out more about us at: https://www.ev.uk/about/
There is also potential for the role to develop over time as the business evolves if you wish. We also have a great track record in terms of supporting study and promoting internally.
Please note job share and part time will also be considered. The regulated entity is One Financial Adviser Ltd. Your employment contract would be with Evalue. Evalue owns 100% of One Financial Adviser Ltd.
Please email your CV with a brief covering letter to email@example.com if you wish to apply. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or need more information.
JOB TITLE – Paraplanner
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: Full time or Job Share/Restricted hours considered
Location: Newbury, Berks
Purpose of the role
As a member of the One Financial Adviser team reporting to the Executive Director, the job-holder will be responsible for helping a digital advice service deliver a fully automated and compliant personalised advice service to end users.
● Checking and signing off streamlined, simplified financial advice (CF30 authorisation and competent adviser status will be required within 6 months. Support will be given to achieve this)
● Updating standard paragraphs and templates
● Updating information and guidance on a range of financial advice related topics
● Other technical research and ad hoc documents to be produced as required
● Assisting customers with day to day queries and resolving any issues with their suitability reports or related administration
● Contributing to ideas and ongoing improvement of the service
The job-holder will be responsible for contributing to the successful delivery of the One Financial Adviser’s team ongoing objectives. This will involve:
● Helping to maintain and communicate the product roadmap and release plans
● Adhering to compliance and operations policies and procedures at all times.Skills and Experience
● Chartered Status desirable. DipPFS as a minimum with CPD maintained from passing to date.
● 3+ years report writing and research experience
● Confident with pensions and pension benefits
● First-hand experience of pension switches and pension benefit administration
● Able to work independently
Technical and other skills required
● Ability to learn quickly and a continual willingness to expand knowledge
● A proactive, entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude
● Ability to write in a clear and concise manner for a non-technical audience
● Ability to assimilate new information and understand commercial and technical implications
● Good Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, Word, Outlook
● Experience of or interest in fintech/actuarial/robo-advice sectors desirable
● Offers assistance to colleagues; is widely regarded and respected as someone to go to for help
● Collaborates and interacts without regard to title, level or position
● Fosters friendly and cooperative relationships
Professionalism & integrity
● Makes a positive impression; represents the company well at all times
● Evaluates lessons learned from both successes and failures
● Demonstrates willingness to make commitments based on all information known at the time and delivers upon those commitments
● Adheres to all corporate policies, makes prudent use of company resources and acts with complete integrity in all matters
● Adheres to the ethical code of the Chartered Insurance Institute or similar professional body (such as CISI).
● Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
● Confident communicating with customers via email, Skype and telephone
● Understands internal and external customer requirements
● Numerate with analytical skills
• Enjoys problem-solving and working towards continuous improvement.
East Midlands Region, East of England, Europe, Leeds, London (Central), North East England, North West England, Scotland, South, South East England, South West England, Wales, West Midlands
Salary – Negotiable depending on experience
We are award winning Chartered Financial Planners based in Edinburgh, advising both individuals and employers. We strive for continuous...FULL JOB SPECIFICATION