Head of Paraplanning
Competitive, based on experience
We are a discretionary investment management company, providing investment management services and financial planning solutions to private clients. We are a successful, privately owned, LLP, with 5 offices in the UK, a Channel Islands regulated subsidiary and one on-shore and two off-shore fund entities. We have a strong, dynamic culture where everyone feels part of a team and where they can have fun and grow in their career.FULL JOB SPECIFICATION
An award winning firm with a reputation for excellence, Cooper Parry Wealth offer a distinctly different approach to managing our clients’ wealth. Keeping ahead of the curve is a big part of who we are. One of our core values is ‘Make It Different; to us this means always looking to find a better way, being creative.MORE ON Cooper Parry Wealth
In Wealth Management Big does not usually mean Better. In fact it often means the opposite. EQ is large enough to provide a full range of services but small enough for every client to feel important and for us to unearth the hidden gems that often generate higher returns.MORE ON EQ Investors
The old financial players are dinosaurs. They’re big, strong and great at acquiring customers – but terrible at serving them. Complicated products. Clunky processes. Confusing jargon. But for many people – be they financial advisers or everyday savers – today’s challengers lack credibility. The digital world of ‘fintech’ may be slick and sophisticated, but it’s just too new to trust. At Octopus Labs, we take the best of both. We fuse track record and technology, expertise and UX, to build financial products the way they should be: trustworthy, rewarding and easy-to-use.MORE ON Octopus Labs
Paraplanner – Up to £50k, subject to experience and qualifications
East of England, South East England
Up to £50k, subject to experience and qualifications
Churchgates is a unique and powerful combination of Financial Planners, Investment Managers, Solicitors, Accountants and Tax Advisors under one roof. We believe that all people should be treated with respect and our culture is to maintain a friendly, professional environment where traditional values still count.
3 September 2019
Investment, Pensions, Tax
We are independent Financial Planners, with a Discretionary Management Service which is managed in-house. We have a growing Financial Planning and Wealth Management department in the office, with an expanding client base and are therefore looking to recruit a Paraplanner to join our enthusiastic team.
Our Financial Planning department is an integral part of the services offered here at Churchgates. The Paraplanner position is an important part of the team, liaising with clients, fellow team members and Advisers to deliver high quality, comprehensive and compliant recommendation reports, alongside excellent administration and customer service.
Our Paraplanners are expected to research and analyse data, prepare bespoke recommendation reports to meet our clients’ needs and provide support to the Advisory team. Paraplanners are also required to support the administration team by maintaining client records and inputting data into our back office system.
It essential that our Paraplanners comply with, and have an excellent understanding of, current regulation, that they keep up to date with industry and technical changes and have a keen interest in wider financial issues. We expect them to play a key role in the advice process, making suggestions to advisors, striving to find the right solution for our clients, maintaining client files to the correct standard and ensuring that our advice meets FCA requirements.
• You will have at least the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning, with a desire to develop further and work towards Chartered status.
• Excellent technical knowledge and experience in recommending a wide range of financial products, including pensions, investments and life assurance.
• An interest in wider financial markets. A knowledge and understanding of the taxation system would be helpful.
• Proficient IT skills with Microsoft Office programmes and a knowledge of IRESS Xplan would be preferred.
• Ideally you should have had previous experience producing bespoke recommendation reports.
• It is essential that you have a good eye for detail and be able to gather information from a variety of sources to provide high quality written work.
• An ability to work to deadlines, take pride in your work and a positive attitude are key requirements for this position.
• Experience of working in a team, as well as corresponding directly with clients and third party providers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. A professional telephone manner is important.
• Good organisational skills are essential.
What you will receive
• A competitive salary
• Minimum 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• Holiday purchase/sale scheme
• Matching employer pension contributions up to 6% of salary
• Salary sacrifice available for pension contributions
• Income Protection if you are off work due to long term illness or injury equal to 50% of salary until State pension age
• Death in service benefit (4x basic salary)
• Private Health Insurance – Individual cover available
• Paid Study leave
• All professional exams, study books, revision courses and resources paid for (at the first attempt)
• Up to two professional subscriptions paid for
• Encouragement to develop and learn by attending training courses and CPD events
• Soft skills workshops
• Employee Assistance programme
• Length of service recognition
• Social events paid for or subsidised by the firm
South, South East England
From £30k plus benefits
Financial Services Paraplanner – Wickham, near Fareham We are an award-winning firm and aspiring to be one of the leading...FULL JOB SPECIFICATION