The CISI Paraplanner Conference 2018 – Rise to the Challenge
The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) is delighted to invite you to the 2018 Paraplanner Conference on 12-13 June 2018, leading with the theme – Rise to the Challenge.
This year’s Paraplanner Conference programme, designed by the Paraplanner Interest Group Committee for paraplanners, focuses on the day-to-day paraplanning challenges you face and how to tackle them.
You’ll hear from a fantastic line-up of speakers:
• Gerald Ashley, Risk and Decision-Making Expert and Visiting Fellow, Newcastle Business School
• Bob Malloney, Business Coach, Malloney Associates
• Michelle Meredith, Senior Financial Planner, Paradigm Norton
• Martin Ruskin CFP™ Chartered MCSI, Paradigm Norton and Chair, Financial Planning Forum Committee, CISI
• Aleksandra Sasin, Chief Paraplanner, Navigatus
• and many more!
View the full programme here
The event will run over one and a half days and include:
Day 1: Workshops designed to enhance your leadership and communication skills with sessions on ‘How your personality affects what you do’ and ‘Interpreting body language’, presented by leading trainer and coach Bob Malloney.
This will be followed by drinks and a three-course dinner and selfie competition – check out last year’s entries here (dress code for dinner: casual)
Day 2: Conference
The main conference will inspire you to improve your paraplanning skills with sessions on:
• Helping clients get the right outcome
• Working relationships with financial planners – overcoming differences of opinion
• Financial planning after divorce, not just trusts but blended families and second marriages
• Risk and uncertainty
• Later life planning with updates on OPG and case law
Closing the conference, we have a motivational session to encourage you to ‘Rise to the challenge’!
If you’re not sure what to expect, take a look at the highlights video here – it’s always a lot of fun spending time with fellow paraplanners and will earn you up to 8.5 CPD hours!