AKG launches Retirement Planning Guide
3 January 2019
AKG has launched its 2018 Planning Guide – Retirement planning strategies in the post-pension freedoms era – which it has produced in partnership with Quilter Investors.
The guide is independent and designed to be practical and educational, with the aim of encourage advisers, planners and paraplanners “to look again, or look deeper, at core retirement planning considerations, processes and solutions with the benefit of considerations from the initial experience and developments post-pension freedoms,” says Matt Ward, communications director at the organisation.
It is free to download at: https://www.akg.co.uk/downloads?#kw=Planning%20Guide%202018.
Ward says: “We also felt that it was important to underpin the guide with fresh market research findings. A set of questions was designed which sought to ascertain adviser behaviour, approaches and thoughts on key items pertaining to retirement planning considerations and processes. These research findings are showcased and discussed throughout the guide.”
Within the guide AKG looks to address and explore a number of headline questions and themes:
• Have you given your retirement planning proposition enough thought?
• Does your retirement planning proposition reflect the impact of pension freedoms on the market and the changing profile and requirements of customers?
• Are you giving due consideration to the regulatory direction of travel?
• Does the proposition differ from your accumulation approach?
• How does it deal with the transition between accumulation and decumulation?
• What are the core retirement planning and investment risks that you are trying to help your customers understand and mitigate?
Ward adds: “The guide concludes with a summary of the opportunities, considerations and practicalities for intermediary businesses seeking to keep pace with market changes and take their retirement planning services to the next level.”
Professional Paraplanner’s publisher, Research in Finance (RiF), is a leading research company in the financial services sector. On occasion our readers...
This week sees the launch of The Paraplanner Club, a new initiative devised by Siân Davies Cole and Chloe Phillips, a mentoring...
Professional Paraplanner has teamed up with Brand Financial Training to answer your questions around the exams scheduled for 2021....