AKG launches Retirement Planning Guide
3 January 2019
AKG has launched its 2018 Planning Guide – Retirement planning strategies in the post-pension freedoms era – which it has produced in partnership with Quilter Investors.
The guide is independent and designed to be practical and educational, with the aim of encourage advisers, planners and paraplanners “to look again, or look deeper, at core retirement planning considerations, processes and solutions with the benefit of considerations from the initial experience and developments post-pension freedoms,” says Matt Ward, communications director at the organisation.
It is free to download at: https://www.akg.co.uk/downloads?#kw=Planning%20Guide%202018.
Ward says: “We also felt that it was important to underpin the guide with fresh market research findings. A set of questions was designed which sought to ascertain adviser behaviour, approaches and thoughts on key items pertaining to retirement planning considerations and processes. These research findings are showcased and discussed throughout the guide.”
Within the guide AKG looks to address and explore a number of headline questions and themes:
• Have you given your retirement planning proposition enough thought?
• Does your retirement planning proposition reflect the impact of pension freedoms on the market and the changing profile and requirements of customers?
• Are you giving due consideration to the regulatory direction of travel?
• Does the proposition differ from your accumulation approach?
• How does it deal with the transition between accumulation and decumulation?
• What are the core retirement planning and investment risks that you are trying to help your customers understand and mitigate?
Ward adds: “The guide concludes with a summary of the opportunities, considerations and practicalities for intermediary businesses seeking to keep pace with market changes and take their retirement planning services to the next level.”
Readers of Professional Paraplanner will no doubt recall my article on this subject. It contained our top 12 pet...
The assumptions advice firms make when using cashflow models, particularly in planning DB transfers, are widely variable, warns ATEB Consulting’s...
What does the CII expect and what will give you the best chance of gaining marks? This article from Brand...