50 Not Out – January Issue of Professional Paraplanner OUT NOW
19 December 2018
This issue we celebrate our 50th edition of the Professional Paraplanner magazine!! Thank you to all our readers, supporters and the team behind the scenes that have worked so hard.
The paraplanner we profile for this issue is Jade Mountford, chartered paraplanner with Mazars Financial Planning. She scooped the PFS Paraplanner of the Year 2018 award and talked to PP editor Rob Kingsbury about what that entailed and how she was encouraged to step out of her comfort zone
Nishit Patel, senior paraplanner at Gallagher Wealth, says that while selecting funds for bespoke investment portfolios is now often considered too risky for many businesses, it is still a necessary skill for paraplanners
Client meetings and new challenges
In part II of our interview with Chetan Ravalia, paraplanning manager, and Codie Smith, paraplanner at Cooper Parry Wealth, Rob Kingsbury talks to them about where their roles fit in the firm’s new operational structure, their approach to client meetings and the challenges of adapting to a new way of working
This is what’s holding paraplanners back
Michelle Hoskin decries the attitude to paraplanning development she still witnesses amongst seemingly progressive financial advice firms
Paraplanners and technology
Both are essential to ensure the long-term success of advisory firms, says Mark Harman, CEO at cashflow modelling provider i4C
• Our regular Q&A provided by Brand Financial Training
• Investment: How do you construct a bond portfolio in the current economic environment?
• Due diligence: Why intermediary businesses need to keep abreast of financial services company evolution
• Investment: Is it time to re-evaluate our value investments?
• AND Jacqueline Lockie, head of Financial Planning at the CISI explains how too often we are prepared for what we think is needed rather than listening to what is actually needed.
Readers of Professional Paraplanner will no doubt recall my article on this subject. It contained our top 12 pet...
The assumptions advice firms make when using cashflow models, particularly in planning DB transfers, are widely variable, warns ATEB Consulting’s...
What does the CII expect and what will give you the best chance of gaining marks? This article from Brand...